Customize Eventlist v1.0 for Joomla!® 1.5 with our custom fields hack. This Eventlist 1.0 custom fields hack is to provide you with more flexibility while using the eventlist component. We made this simple hack available due to the large number of requests.
If you do not already have the Eventlist component, you can download it free here: http://www.schlu.net/
This patch includes the following new features:
- Price Field
- Tickets URL Field
- Website URL Field
- Youtube Video Field
- +10 more fields that you can customize by just renaming the field titles in the language files.
To view a screenshot click here: Eventlist Custom Fields
Only English language is currently available. If you want to provide additional languages, we will be more than happy to add them.
If you are looking for more modifications than what this hack offers, please feel free to contact us.
. We have been working with the eventlist component for well over a year and have made many new custom features possible.
This hack is free to use at your own risk. This means that we are not liable for any lost data or damages. Please backup your site before ever installing any hacks.
Files and Directories that must be writable (CHMOD 777):
Step by Step Installation Guide
- Download the custom fields hack to your computer. (You must be registered to download)
- Extract the archive and locate the folder named "Eventlist Hack Files." Copy the files that are in this folder to your root joomla directory via FTP or your File Manager. Be sure to overwrite the existing files. (Your existing files must be writable.)
- Go to your database via phpmyadmin and import the custom_fields_sql.sql file
- Now you can modify the 2 language files for your custom fields. So open the files:
Change the text as per the example below:
Find the line: CUSTOM FIELD 1=Custom Field 1
Change this to whatever you want like:
CUSTOM FIELD 1=VIP Ticket Price
CUSTOM FIELD 2=Age Group
You get the idea. (Be sure to save the language files as UTF-8 format.)
- Now upload the language files back to their respected location
Thats it! You now should have new custom fields in your eventlist!
This patch requires registration to download. Please login or sign up. (It's Free)